Conscious Box Review
When I think back to our early days of “going green”, one of the biggest challenges I faced was finding eco-friendly replacements for all of the products our family had come to know and love. Every time we ran out of something, I tried my best to find a “greener” replacement everyone liked just as well. The problem was everyone didn’t like everything just as well, and I was often stuck with products no one liked at all! It was a very frustrating process to say the least. No one wants to spend $5-$10+ on a product they don’t know if they will like, but until recently, there wasn’t any other choice. This is where the Conscious Box comes in handy…
For just $12 plus shipping, you can have a wonderful box of sample sized sustainable products delivered right to your doorstep! It’s called the “Conscious Box“, and it gives you the opportunity to sample a few green products each month, without having to buy anything full size. I think it’s brilliant, there’s finally a way to try new eco-friendly products, without having to spend a lot of money on products you may not like.
It’s always fun to receive a box full of surprises in the mail, when we received our Conscious Box for review, the kidlets could hardly wait to see what was inside! When I opened the box we found all sorts of goodies…
- Honest Tea Juice Pouch- We are already big fans of all Honest Tea products. They are awesome juice boxes for kidlets, and a great alternative to the sugary, artificially flavored “Capri Sun” drinks. Plus they are organic & contain no HFCS.
- Almond Coconut KIND Bar- This was my first time trying the KIND Bar, and it was fantastic! It’s a wonderful fruit & nut bar that’s gluten-free, low sodium, and contains no GMO’s or trans fat.
- Glee Gum (Mint & Lemon-Lime flavors)- The kidlets snatched up the Glee Gum right away & loved it. (I didn’t tell them it was sugar & aspartame free, or made from natural ingredients, tee hee!)
- Verbena Pharmacopia Body Wash & Lotion- I really enjoyed both of these organic, plant-based products- I hope to find them in a store near by as I’d love to use them on a regular basis.
- 100% Pure (Vanilla Bean & Green Apple Scents) Nourishing Body Cream- Believe it or not, I’d never tried vegan lotion before, and if all vegan products are like these I sure have been missing out! In four words: The scents were amazing! (The dear husband loved them too, hubba, hubba!)
- Mary’s Gone Crackers-Chocolate Cookie- Organic, Vegan & Gluten Free…could it really still taste good? Oh yeah! The kidlets fought over this one, so there was just one way to solve the problem- Mommy ate it!
- Cocoa Well- A natural, organic, fair trade energy booster, I didn’t now such a thing existed! The dear husband tried these, and said he “thought” he noticed a boost in energy. I love the concept, but don’t think we’ll be buying them in the future.
- Living Nutz-Banana Bread Walnuts I’ve always been a fan of raw nuts, so these were a real treat! They tasted just like banana bread, but there was no bread of course! I wonder how they did it? (Raw, organic ingredients, vegan & kosher)
- Funky Monkey Dried Pineapple & Guava- Yummy dried pineapple with just a hint of guava! Everyone loved this except for the dear husband, he’s not really a dried fruit kind of guy. I saw Funky Monkey dried fruit pouches at the store a couple of weeks ago & wasn’t too sure about buying them. Now that I know we like them, they’ll make a perfect lunchbox snack!
I also want to mention that the box itself is really quite amazing & useful. It’s made of 100% recycled materials, printed with vegetable-based ink, and comes lined with pretty green recycled tissue paper. It even comes with a neat list of 5 fun ways you can to upcycle the box, or send it back to the company to reuse or recycle!
Overall, I think the Conscious Box is a fantastic idea! My only suggestion for improvement would be including a couple samples of eco-friendly household products such as laundry detergent & cleaners. I still haven’t decided if we’ll be subscribing to the Conscious Box each month, but I will absolutely keep it in mind to give as a gift!
If you are new to using green/sustainable products, or just wanting to try something new, the Conscious Box is a wonderful way to go! It would also make an awesome gift to introduce a friend or family member to sustainable products & tips for happy, healthier daily living. It would also make a wonderful new mom, or housewarming gift! Check out the beautiful message on gratitude that was included with the November Conscious Box- Who do you know that could benefit from receiving a special box like this?
You can purchase the Conscious Box using one of three convenient monthly subscription options: One Month $19.00 (shipped), Three Months $54.00 (shipped) or Six Months for $107.00 (shipped).
Conscious Box has graciously offered to giveaway a one month subscription to one lucky Eco-Crazy reader! Be sure to visit my Christmas Treasure Train Hop & Hunt Giveaway Post for your chance to win a Conscious Box & Playsilk from Eco-Crazy Mom, and lots of other great prizes from over 20 other participating blogs! You can even participate in the treasure hunt & win $100 in CASH!
Bonus Entry: Leave a comment on this post telling me who you would love to give a Conscious Box to for Christmas this year! Be sure to visit the giveaway post & click “I did this” in order for your bonus entry to count!
Disclosure: I received one or more products to review and share with you in exchange for writing this post. I was not given any monetary compensation for writing this post, and all opinions are purely my own.Terri
For more eco-crazy tips follow Eco-Crazy Mom on Twitter and Facebook. You can also follow my blog and join my mailing list to be the first to know about new posts, giveaways and the latest eco-crazy news!
Did you find this information interesting or helpful? Please help spread the word! Give this post a +1 or share it on your favorite social media site using the buttons below.