I’m excited to kick off the first Earth Friendly Period Event giveaway with a Lunette Cup from Be Prepared Period!
Be Prepared Period is one of my favorite sites for all things “period”! They offer a wealth of information, resources and products for girls and their parents, and are committed to ensuring no one feels alone, anguished or confused when it comes to menstruation. The Be Prepared website, First Period Kit and #PeriodTalk Twitter Parties have been an incredible source of support and information as I’ve helped my own daughter through her journey to womanhood.
At Be Prepared Period, you’ll find…
- Constant flow of new and accurate information for girls and parents throughout all pages of the website. With girls now experiencing puberty at younger ages than ever before, many parents and children are completely unprepared. The information on the site is compassionate, and designed for everyone involved.
- Specific areas for parents and other women to share their personal stories about puberty and menstruation, which can be the best way for young girls, women and parents to feel like they are not alone in their worries and struggles.
- The steady introduction of new products, many of which are organic and natural so parents, young girls and women can find the best products for them.
- Convenient monthly subscription offers for the delivery of feminine hygiene products which avoids ‘embarrassing’ trips to the store and ensures that all girls (of all ages) have what they need.
- Availability of gift certificates, which makes supplying a loved one with supplies discreet and easy.
- Blogs, Monthly Tweet Chats, Giveaways, and Savings all geared to empowerment and education.
Enter to win a Lunette Cup!
Lunette Cup is one of the healthiest, and safest menstrual products available! It doesn’t absorb moisture like tampons, or cause sweating like pads. Instead, Lunette is a “cup” made of soft medical grade silicone that holds the “liquid”, and is far more hygienic than other options because silicone naturally discourages the growth of bacteria. Your risk of infection is with the Lunette Cup is also much less than that of tampons or pads.
The Lunette Cup is also friendly to the earth and your wallet! Simply purchase the Lunette Cup once for $39.99, and use it each month. There’s zero waste from cardboard, plastic, cotton, wrappers or applicators, and you never have to purchase another menstrual product again! The average woman spends $48-$84 per year on disposable menstrual products, so the Lunette Cup will pay for itself in less than a year, and will continue to last for years to come! The Lunette box and enclosed informational material is made from recycled paper as well.
Best of all, the Lunette Cup makes periods worry and hassle free! That’s right, now you can lead your “normal” life all month long without worrying about leaks, or the hassle of changing your pad or tampon multiple times throughout the day (and night). A cup is far more reliable than tampons or pads, great for sports or other activities, and can be worn continuously for up to 12 hours, day or night. The Lunette Cup even comes with a cute satin pouch that fits discreetly in your purse so you’ll never be stuck in the ladies room asking complete strangers for a tampons ever again!
The Lunette Cup is available in several different colors, all named after different goddesses, and are the only colored menstrual cups approved by the FDA. TheLunette Cup also comes in two different models, designed with your individual needs in mind…
Model 1: Recommended for light to medium flow or for ladies who have never had sexual intercourse. The diameter is 41 mm (1.6 inches) by 47 mm (1.9 inches). The stem measures 25 mm (1 inch). The volume of the cup is 25 ml (0.85 fl oz). Model 1 is made from softer silicone than model 2.
Model 2: (Most popular) Recommended for medium to heavy flow. The diameter is 46 mm (1.8 inches) by 52 mm (2 inches). The stem measures 20 mm (0.8 inches). The volume of the cup is 30 ml (1.0 fl oz). Made from a firmer silicone than model 1.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for hosting this giveaway on Eco-Crazy Mom, and all thoughts & opinions are purely my own.Terri
For more eco-crazy tips follow Eco-Crazy Mom on Twitter and Facebook. You can also follow my blog and join my mailing list to be the first to know about new posts, giveaways and the latest eco-crazy news!
Did you find this information interesting or helpful? Please help spread the word! Give this post a +1 or share it on your favorite social media site using the buttons below.