Happy Valentine’s Day!!
For those who are new to my blog, I started my “Why I Love My Husband” list 6 weeks ago thanks to a fabulous idea from Fawn over at the Happy Wives Club. Since then, many other bloggers have started lists too, and we link them up every Thursday here. If you’re a happy wife who loves your husband we invite you to join in!
So here we are on Valentine’s Day, the ultimate day of love! I hope all of you are having a love-ly day, my day has been fantastic. After 15 years and four amazing kidlets, the Dear Husband and I prefer to keep Valentine’s Day pretty simple. Every year I get some beautiful potted flowers, a super sweet (kinda cheesy) card from the Dear Husband, and lots of priceless homemade Valentine’s from the kidlets- all I could ever want & more. I never felt right dumping the little loves of my life off with a babysitter, and wasting loads of money on an over priced date, so in our house Valentine’s Day is a family affair. Several years ago we started a wonderful Valentine’s Day tradition, and it’s become something we look forward to each year. With the help of a pretty red tablecloth, glowing candlelight, and some of our best china, our kitchen is transformed into a “romantic restaurant” complete with menus highlighting the 3 course dinner that awaits. First, the Dear Husband and I serve the kidlets their feast, and after they’re done eating it’s our turn! The kids get a big kick out of serving us dinner, and do their best to make it as “romantic” as they can. Voices transform into silly french accents, plenty of belly laughs are shared, and wonderful memories are made that will surely last a lifetime.
And so my list goes on…
142. He buys me potted flowers rather than the cliche dozen roses because he knows that’s what I love.
143. He even got me two pots of flowers this year.
144. He takes time to choose a special Valentine’s card and always includes a special note inside- even though I know he doesn’t particularly enjoy doing so.
145. We can have an amazing Valentine’s Day together, without buying in to the expensive fancy dinner and ditching our kids.
146. He expresses his love for me every day of the year.
147. He cleans all of the kid’s animal cages & enclosures.
148. He left work early today so we could spend some extra time together.
149. He lends me his jacket when I’m cold.
150. He’s so damn sexy, even after all these years!
Have you started a “Why I Love My Husband” list? Head on over to The Happy Wives Club link up party and join in on the fun!!
For more eco-crazy tips follow Eco-Crazy Mom on Twitter and Facebook. You can also follow my blog and join my mailing list to be the first to know about new posts, giveaways and the latest eco-crazy news!
Did you find this information interesting or helpful? Please help spread the word! Give this post a +1 or share it on your favorite social media site using the buttons below.